Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Guess where this is? Believe it or not this is what the Sacred Grove looks like in early spring.
Maybe one day I will see it in color. There is still a very special feeling here, much like what one feels in the temple. I loved contemplating what happened here. We all separated and walked through alone. There are benches placed on the many trails through the trees. It is quite a bit larger than what I imagined.





The Palmyra Temple sits just east of the two farmhouses on a hill across the road but easily seen from the historical farmhouses.

This is a shot of the inside of the cooper's shed where the plates were hidden by Joseph Smith one time.
This is the hearth that they dug up to hide the plates another time. I have always loved that story and the ingenuity of the prophet for thinking of this.

2 comments:

JethRobyn said...

very cool! I would love to see all of that some day, maybe with a bit more green foliage :) Thanks for posting all of these great pics.

Jancisco said...

I really want to go there. I guess the artists who portray Joseph in a leafy green forest haven't been there in early spring, when he probably did go.


Blog Archive