Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Friday, June 06, 2008

This book seems to have a lot of interesting lessons. When I finished it my head was spinning at how the story wrapped up. As I have been thinking about the message I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with my personal legend or what my main goal in life is. According to the alchemist whatever your personal legend is the Soul of the World conspires to make it happen for you. You have to be aware of the omens or little things that guide you towards your goal. Most times they are quite subtle. I will be thinking about this for a while and see what I can come up with. If you have read this story tell me what your impression of the message is. There were examples in the book of those who ignore their personal legend or don't want to put the effort forth to accomplish it. There were many other lessons to be learned from the shepherd's journey. So many symbols. I would love to hear your thoughts about this book.

4 comments:

Jancisco said...

I'll need to be reminded what the story was--I read it a few years ago. I remember working at a crystal shop or something, and wandering around a lot. I think I thought that life works out for you just the way it should if you allow change and flexibility to influence your life course.

Willie said...

It's been a year or so since I read it, but we should remember this: if we are doing the things in our life that we are supposed to, then everything that happens to us is actually exactly what is supposed to happen.

Kimber said...

I just finished reading this last week! Is that an omen?
I enjoyed the book. Do you think a person can be happy if they choose not to follow their personal legend? How do you know if you've followed your personal legend?

Aunt Soup said...

I think if you are happy you are probably living your personal legend. I also think it was an omen for you to read this book at this time. After winning your awesome contest I realize why I was given that bat experience in the first place! It all works out.


Blog Archive