Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Thursday, November 26, 2020





My parents had a huge impact on my life.  They were beautiful inside and out.  Our family took great vacations in a truck and camper visiting often at Glen Canyon Dam when it was being constructed, the California beach, redwoods, San Francisco, San Diego, St. Louis, Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Seattle, Tacoma and Vancouver Washington and places all over Utah.
They were an excellent example of service, devotion to the Lord and love of each other and their children.  They served 3 missions together, all Spanish speaking.  My father loved the latino people and they loved him back.
We learned to love music and play the piano (some better than others, Carol I'm looking at you). Mom encouraged all musical endeavors.  In my early years I remember my father singing Spanish songs on his guitar he brought home from Mexico where he served his first mission. 
My father encouraged me in entrepreneurial activities.  I once sold frozen snicker bars on a stick at the 4th of July parade in Cedar City. I bought them at 5cents and sold them for 10 cents. He also hired me to file the papers he received at work for 10 cents an hour.  At the time he was making $4.00/hour.
They supported 3 of us serving missions at one time.  
Mom made Christmas Eve dinner a memorable event. 
They opened their home to countless travelers and relatives and even foster children.
They built their last home when they were in their 60's.  Hard workers always.
I'm so incredibly thankful that I was privileged to come to these parents.  I learned many more lessons from them and as I grow older even more come to mind. Thanks Mom and Dad, I love you.
 #give thanks
 


No comments:


Blog Archive