Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

A Fine Collection of Humans

 This is a blog piece I wrote in 2006 before grandchildren were a thing.  Seems like my mind's eye       prophecy was bountifully fulfilled. "Let Me Tell You About My Grandchildren..."

As I have contemplated my birthday dinner at Buca de Beppo's this past week, I have wondered why there is such a great feeling of joy whenever I am with my family. Some people don't like their children I guess. I hear about that occasionally. I can't think of anyone else I would rather spend time with. The Gillespie children I am so fond of are witty, intelligent, kind, thoughtful, interesting, spiritually based, nice looking, well-groomed, and talented in a diverse manner. Not only that, they have brought into the family those same kinds of people when they marry. Imagine the wonderful grandchildren these people will produce. It's no wonder there is joy in my heart. I think the spirit of love that exists when we are together is the reason for my joy and rejoicing. I hope we can expand our circle without diluting the love. That will mean that we resist criticism and fault-finding, encourage service and remember always that these relationships are eternal. We aren't perfect yet and mistakes will be made, probably mostly by me, but as we learn to love unconditionally and forgive we will develop the eternal attributes that we seek

We haven't had a family picture done for a couple of years so the cutest ones are missing from this photo. They are Tyler and Jacob Gillespie, John Valdez, Julia, James and John Oliphant 

and Rebecca Gaines.

I love all of these people so much.  I'm so very grateful to know them. 

The Lord has richly blessed me and I acknowledge his hand and truly thank Him for the blessing of family. 

#Give Thanks




No comments:


Blog Archive