Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Break 2009


This was the scene when we left for a balmy spring break in Zion National Park April16th.

Doesn't look a whole lot warmer here at the start of the Narrows hike. Bus said the water was 32.5 degrees. It was colder than we thought and I hadn't brought anything too warm to wear.
It was cold but the beauty surrounding us warmed my heart. So many great memories of times spent here in the past. We went on a few hikes, only a few were life threatening...

I had to work pretty hard to get the gel to make that point on my head.

6 comments:

JethRobyn said...

I can't believe it snowed that much still, I'm glad we missed it! One day Jethro and I will have to make it to Zion's, it looks beautiful. I'm glad you guys had fun.
By the way, I think the point looks great on you :)

hosander said...

You are in a new stage of life, like dad said, you didn't have to chase or look after any kids...I already forgot what that's like.

Thaddeus said...

That's so cool you can just get up and go. Just the two of you.

I didn't even know you had gone!

drb42 said...

Guess what, I stopped by your house the other day with lauralee and her mom. it was a sunday and you guys werent home! I was going to say hi to you guys! I didn't know that you guys hike! Looks like fun!!!

Jancisco said...

You and your punky hair. As clark would say, 'seely buguh'

Looks like a fun vacation.

Beetle said...

I'm glad I got to share in your anniversary vacation . . . haha


Blog Archive