Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Some days my brain doesn't work as well as others. Today for instance. After our walk I thought I had a free morning. I was doing some work on the computer for a while. Then Emily came down the stairs about quarter to ten and announced she was ready for our class at the church. I was still in my walking clothes. Plus, I remembered at that moment that I had told Kathy Shumway I would come and tend her two little kids while she went to the class. I didn't have time to change so I went to Kathy's as I was. She called soon after she left and asked if it was OK if she went to the store after class to get a couple of things. I thought for a moment and said it was probably OK, not remembering the conversation on our walk that we would all meet at Tahitian Noni cafe for lunch at 11:30. Thankfully she didn't go to the store after all but came home. I visited with her for a few minutes, still not remembering that I had the lunch date. After I came home and put the hamburger in the microwave to defrost I suddenly remembered the lunch date. I was supposed to be there in 15 minutes. I still needed to shower and get dressed. I was 10 minutes late for lunch but enjoying the company and the terrific food when it hit me that the hamburger was still in the microwave. I did make it safely to work after stopping off at home. I'm almost afraid to go home to discover/remember the next disaster.

4 comments:

Beetle said...

Those are the best days. I have them for weeks at a time.

JethRobyn said...

Sometimes it's good to know that you aren't the only absent minded person out there! I'm glad you made it to everything, despite the forgetfulness. Thanks again for dinner the other night.

Jancisco said...

What a funny day! I'm glad you remembered to get dressed :)

hosander said...

you are so funny. I'm still laughing hysterically thinking about the hamburger


Blog Archive