Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Last month I agreed to work for Audrey for today and even though I realized it would be a crazy week I said I would. She called me last Thursday to tell me her surgery had been canceled and I wouldn't need to work. I was quite relieved actually. I had agreed to work at Utah Valley Wednesday morning so that would be two days in a row working full time, not leaving much time to get stuff ready for Thanksgiving. I had planned the day out carefully so I would have time to get everything prepared.
This morning when I returned from my walk with the girls there was a phone message waiting. Apparently, unbeknownst to me I had been scheduled to cover a shift in urgent care at BYU in place of my being canceled by Audrey. I was already 40 minutes late and I still needed to get showered and dressed. Somewhat begrudgingly I hurried and got ready, packed a left-overs lunch and got in the car. Turned the key and nothing. Tried multiple times over the next 10 minutes with the same result. Got under the hood, jiggled some wires still nothing. Called my trusty visiting teacher to bail me out. She came quickly and drove me to the Health Center. When I arrived and explained my situation to my co-workers it suddenly occurred to me that I had a hair appointment at 2 and now I had no way to get there. My boss had said he would cover for the hour I needed to go. I think he felt bad about what had happened.
When I told him about my dilemma he offered his car for the appointment. Nice guy.
When I pulled into the hair salon my friend and stylist Robyn hurried in to apologize that the lady before me hadn't told her that she wanted her hair colored so she was double booked for that hour. But she would see what she could do to expedite my haircut. Between three of them I was finished and back to work in an hour. Things always work out. I just hope I can get a ride home from work.

3 comments:

Jancisco said...

Holy smokes. So what happened with the car?

How did the haircut turn out?

Good thing for Visiting Teachers!

Aunt Soup said...

The car was hauled away by Larry's towing this morning. It is visiting Uncle Jeff. The haircut is good. Thanks for asking.

Bus Gillespie said...

To add a little more detail, I worked on cleaning the terminals and tightening the connections on Tuesday night, still nothing. Then I hooked up the jumper cables from my truck to the car, still just a click. So I stopped by Cleggs to see who the reputible car haulers were and we got Larry's towing to do it for a base rate of $50. Jeff had the car done by Wed. evening but I had a class in SLC and the rest were heading to Pie Night, so they just picked up the car with the extra key on their way home. Then finally on my way to work on Monday I went in and paid for it and got the other key back. I'm pretty sure that after Bob Barker stopped working for the Price is Right, he must have gotten into auto parts because it cost $200 for a new starter!! That, plus the labor means Christmas has been cancelled at our house.


Blog Archive