Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I remember now why I don't want to work full time. By the time work is over at 6:00 all I want to do is go home and sit on the couch and watch TV or play Matt in a little Tetris Attack. It is amazing to me what working 10 hours more per week does to my ambition to accomplish other things. I have a quilt I could set up, I have laundry I could do, I have shopping that needs to be done (we are out of cold cereal, Matt may starve), I haven't exercised for a couple of weeks. Basically my life is a shambles just because I worked 10 more hours per week than I usually do.
I'm pretty sure the extra money isn't worth the coma-state that is produced by the extra hours. What a relief it will be to get back to the old routine.

3 comments:

hosander said...

let's hear it for 3 hours a day
hip hip hurray!

Jancisco said...

I hear you! When I was unemployed we ate a whole lot better than when I was working and making more money. Just because I was home all day and could spend a little more time to making things from scratch and not spending the money for convenience foods. Plus, that was my job during the time. . . making us food.

Now, we both get home at 5:30 after 8 hour days and neither of us want to do anything. . . we actually bought frozen pizzas the other week for the first time in our married life. They were yucky but the convenience factor outweighed the taste.

hosander said...

we buy frozen pizzas all the time, the best ones are Freschetta. And while they might be the same price as a pizza from a pizza hut or something, they're more convenient. and ben adds minced garlic to cook in with it.


Blog Archive