Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Tender Mercies. I love to identify these sweet moments when I realize Heavenly Father is aware of me and my righteous desires.
Friday I had volunteered to drive marching band members from the high school to Lehi for their "band tour". I knew from past experience that this would take all afternoon and evening. I had prepared for that eventuality by bringing two books and my knitting. I was actually looking forward to having nothing to do but read and knit. I knew that there would be a big enough time slot that I could attend a session at the temple without being missed so I had put on a skirt and brought my temple gear. I had even brought a plate of my favorite chocolate chip cookies to share with my riders. But when all the students were loaded into the various cars and vans my car remained empty. Parents came who were not expected and their students and their friends filled those cars first.
I was able to go directly to the Provo temple. I ate some cookies along the way (thank goodness it was a short way :)) and Bus and I were able to go out on a long overdue date to a play at BYU. I still smile when I remember the love I felt.

2 comments:

JethRobyn said...

That sounds like a fabulous way to spend a Friday! I'm glad you guys had fun. Thanks again for dinner on Saturday. It was great!

Beetle said...

I like when you guys get to go out.


Blog Archive