Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Have you ever had a day where everything goes a little haywire? I had a day like that yesterday. I had a list of things to accomplish and I was bravely attempting to conquer it. But then the bottles with carrots that I had just put in the pressure cooker started breaking. I lost 6 or 7 pints in the four batches I cooked. Then the pressure cooker lid wouldn't come off each time. As I was fixing dinner (while at the same time trying to finish the carrots and make triple berry jam) I put the hot zucchini soup into the blender and it splashed all over the cupboard, into the toaster, all over the light under the cupboard, everywhere. I guess I had put too much in the blender. I put a package of sauce into the microwave to warm it up. It burst the bag with a loud pop but only spilled a little bit. The kitchen was a huge mess.
There were so many pots and pans to clean. But there was only one thing on my mind. I was going to see our new baby boy, Lincoln. Bus and I went over to their house and were able to hold him for a while. He is an active, alert and strong little guy. He started to fuss a little bit so we quickly handed him over to his mom. He settled right down. He is in good hands.

9 comments:

Thaddeus said...

It's good that you can handle problems with a forward-looking perspective.

Jan said...

Sounds pretty horrible. I hate when it all comes apart like that. Good thing Lincoln saved the day.

JethRobyn said...

And I think that is the night you brought us dinner..you are to good to us! Thank you sooooo much!

C said...

You make some of the best food I've ever had, just thought you should know.
If you look back on days like this in a long time from now, they will be funny. Maybe a VERY long time...

Bus Gillespie said...

And guess who got the brunt of all of this? and I wasn't even in the house!

Aunt Soup said...

Sorry Bus...

Aunt Soup said...

Thanks Camille...

Michelle said...

Hey, we found your site from jethrobyn's! It's great to have you put things in perspective! What a disaster, yet all that matters is that sweet little baby! It's hard for me to remember what is important sometimes when I feel like my kids make the kind of mess in my kitchen that your food did :) Thanks for sharing your day!

Jancisco said...

Mom, you should add Dad to your links.


Blog Archive