Welcome friends

Glad you came. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Soup to Nuts

As I have contemplated my birthday dinner at Buca de
Beppo's this past week, I have wondered why there is such a great feeling of joy whenever I am with my family. Some people don't like their children I guess. I hear about that occasionally. I can't think of anyone else I would rather spend time with. The Gillespie children I am so fond of are witty, intelligent, kind, thoughtful, interesting, spiritually based, nice looking, well-groomed, and talented in a diverse manner. Not only that, they have brought into the family those same kinds of people when they marry. Imagine the wonderful grandchildren these people will produce. It's no wonder there is joy in my heart. I think the spirit of love that exists when we are together is the reason for my joy and rejoicing. I hope we can expand our circle without diluting the love. That will mean that we resist criticism and fault-finding, encourage service and remember always that these relationships are eternal. We aren't perfect yet and mistakes will be made, probably mostly by me, but as we learn to love unconditionally and forgive we will develop the eternal attributes that we seek.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable, warm and fuzzy post. I like it a lot. And I like your/our family a lot, too.

Jancisco said...

Thanks for that post mom. It coincides with my post about eternal families too. I really enjoyed our dinner there too--the best part was that I woke up in the morning without feeling sick at all. Usually, after we eat out, I have a bad night and a worse morning.
What blessed food Steve-o brought us.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sentiment. If only all mothers and children, fathers and cousins felt that. (ps - i know i'm a stranger, but i actually had an art class with Jethro my senior year at Timpview...)


Blog Archive